Prayers for the Faithful
Fervent Daily Prayer and Meditations for Christians Serving Around the World
As you are in Christian service, this 365-day devotion can change your life!
“I want to be part of what God is doing around the world. I want to join with my brothers and sisters on the field in any effective way I can. I think you do, too. We will never waste a prayer on missionaries. They need them, they want them, they feel them! Thank you, Mary Ann for providing us with the very words of God to pray over His servants. Heaven alone will bear witness of its profound harvest.” – Beth Moore
“While there is power in prayer—and even more power in collective prayer—there is nothing more powerful than the Word of God. In this book, Mary Ann Bridgwater has linked these two powerful tools that God has made accessible to us.” – Dr. Jerry Rankin, International Mission Board, SBC
Prayers for the Faithful is a 432-page, daily devotional intended to be used as a prayer book and guide for missionaries locally and all over the world. This powerful and comprehensive book is filled with the Word of God so you and your local church can intercede for missionaries daily.
As a 52-week devotional, each week has a specific theme which will guide your daily prayers and meditations. This book uses the acronym PRAY (Praise, Repentance, Ask, Yield), with accompanying Scripture in each area of prayer to assist you as you intercede before God. There is space included for you to adapt the Scriptures and personalize it, so that you can pray them powerfully and proclaim them over your life and the lives of missionaries.
Possible uses of this book by your local church (pg xvi):
- This can be used as a church-wide, daily, quiet-time devotional for 365 days
- When planning commissioning ceremonies for missionaries or a time of prayer for missionaries home on furlough.
- When posting Scripture in the Sunday worship bulletin, in the weekly church newsletter, or on the screen in the worship services for corporate intercession before or after the sermon.
- When praying for specific needs and requests, for missionary families that are members of your church, for retired missionaries.
- When organizing prayer for short-term mission trips.
Possible uses of this book by missionaries themselves (pg xvi):
- Individually during their own quiet time with the Lord.
- With their own family during times of prayer for one another.
- When having prayer with other missionary families on the field.
- When praying for family members left behind in the states.
- When praying for children who have gone off to college.
- This book could also be used as a prayer guide for missionaries’ prayer members, as well as by missionary kids when praying for themselves, their families, and others.